Mark Your Calendar

A memorial service for Pammie will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 1, at All Souls Episcopal Church, 2300 Cathedral Ave. NW. http://www.allsoulsdc.org/



Friday, August 19, 2011

Wonderful winter solstice memories

I had heard tell of Pammie for several years before I had the pleasure of meeting her at a winter solstice dinner she and Sue held in December 2008. I came expecting good food (Sue was cooking) and fascinating tales of international travel. The evening brought me all that and more. Pammie was welcoming and entertaining and she made me feel like both an old friend and an honored guest. I was delighted when Pammie and Sue repeated the event the following year. Last year I started looking forward to it in October. This year when I met up with little Noah at John's book-manuscript-submitting party, we talked about seeing each other again at Pammie's for the winter solstice. Well, truthfully, Noah may have only had strawberries on his mind, but I got happy just thinking about the winter solstice dinner. It didn't take a lot of time for Pammie to touch my life, just a few delightful evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment