Mark Your Calendar

A memorial service for Pammie will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 1, at All Souls Episcopal Church, 2300 Cathedral Ave. NW. http://www.allsoulsdc.org/



Friday, September 16, 2011

Pammie made me feel welcome

I was new to DC and a holiday orphan when Sue Decker invited me to join a group of friends for a winter solstice feast. When I arrived, she ushered me into Pammie's apartment, reminding me to leave the door open, like hers across the hall, so the cats could travel back and forth.

Pammie greeted me with a strong handshake and lost no time in making me feel that I was welcome and that this was exactly the right place for me to be. She was filled with energy and I could tell immediately that this was a woman with stories galore. I had so much fun. We sat at her long table into the wee hours, sharing fabulous food and much laughter.

She was an amazing person with phenomenal spirit who created so much good around her. I feel privileged and lucky to have met her.

No comments:

Post a Comment